Our Sr. Research Associate, DMPK, will develop and implement LC-MS/MS methods to determine concentrations of small molecules and metabolites in plasma and tissue in support of Escient’s drug discovery programs. In addition, he/she will be responsible for maintenance of bio-analytical instrumentation, the conducting of in-vitro ADME experiments, and modeling of PK data (e.g. WinNonlin).
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Aid in fostering a culture of authenticity, open communication, transparency, integrity, mutual respect, and freedom to brainstorm and share thoughts and ideas;
- Develop methods and conduct/manage biological sample analysis in plasma and tissues using LC-MS/MS;
- Conduct and/or manage the outsourcing of in vitro drug metabolism studies, including microsomal and hepatocyte intrinsic clearance, cytochrome P450 inhibition, and plasma protein binding evaluations to inform the selection of drug candidates;
- Develop HPLC-UV methods to support dose solution analysis and stability assessment;
- With appropriate support from vendors, maintain and troubleshoot bio-analytical instrumentation;
- Generate PK parameter estimates using Phoenix WinNonlin and other applicable software, to support candidate selection and human dose projection;
- Work effectively in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary setting of chemistry, biology, pharmacology, supported by external CROs;
- Communicate effectively within project teams and work to progress against goals in a multidisciplinary setting;
- Initially work with a variety of local off-site CROs; and
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications / Skills:
- B.S. in biochemistry, pharmacology, chemistry or a related field with at least 8 years of practical experience in developing and executing bioanalytical methods to support small molecule drug development;
- Ability to conduct hands-on LC-MS/MS method development and implementation in a fast-paced research and development environment;
- Ability to apply bioanalytical skill set to a broad base of DMPK assays to support candidate selection;
- Experienced in the use Sciex and Waters operating software;
- Computer Skills: Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Graphpad prism; familiarity with Phoenix WinNonlin or similar PK modeling software;
- Alignment with the company’s culture; and
- Ability to work effectively and thrive in a fast-paced, hands-on multi-disciplinary setting of chemistry, biology and pharmacology, supported by external CROs;
- Effective at planning, organizing, and prioritizing;
- Able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high quality results under tight timelines;
- High attention to detail and accuracy;
- Effective troubleshooting and problem-solving skills;
- Flexible and adaptable to change;
- Adept at building strong relationships and collaborating with colleagues at all levels;
- Effective team player and strong individual contributor;
- Highly collaborative, self-motivated, and team-oriented; and
- Effective communicator in both oral and written form.
Office/Lab environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level. Initially work with a variety of local off-site CROs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly be required to use his/her hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keypad or to write, as well as talk and hear. The employee will regularly be required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; use hands to handle or feel; see computer screens and read printouts; and reach with arms and hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus. The employee will need to be able to stand for long periods of time in a laboratory setting including at the bench or in front of a hood. As well, the employee may occasionally be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
Escient Pharmaceuticals is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. Escient also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA.
To apply for this position please email your cover letter and CV to HR@EscientPharma.com.